I have finally moved into my new place opposite the National Catherdral, here in Washington DC. The view from my room is that of the Cathedral, which obviously renders the sight exquisite. The room itself is the perfect size for a person living alone. The windows are large and allow ample daylight to enter. This is a refreshing change from my earlier accommodation. The room however, lacks an air conditioner. Which at the end of September doesn’t prove to be a major setback. There is a ceiling fan, a rarity in this country and a fantastic reminder of days in Bombay. After having found my night clothes and brushing my teeth, I lay in bed to spend my first night at home. As I lay there, the sound of the passing traffic and the fan causing the odd paper to flutter took me back to the times I spent in Bombay. As those days ran through my head I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face.
-written sometime in late 2007
-written sometime in late 2007
No comments:
Post a Comment