Raki has an immense stick fascination! Once off his leash in the park he must go collect them, irrespective of the size or the absurdity of the inconvenience of trying to get that particular stick. Of course, absurd in human and dog dictionaries may differ, and what we may consider absurd, they may consider quite normal. Hence, though the following narration may be highly amusing for us, Raki may think it as normal as wanting ice cream on a hot sunny day.
In the wooded area of the park where I walk Raki, he obviously never stays on the trail. The trail that I do stick to! There lies a fundamental difference between man and dog. Man stays on trail, dog does not. Anyway, as Raki scampers about, he finds what I for all practical purposes would like to call a really thin tree. What it actually was, was a really long branch from a tree, the branch wasn't very thick, but long for sure. It had multiple branches branching out. So much so that it seemed like two branches were heavily entangled. And hence, for all practical purposes, a tree! Raki of course thinks it is a stick (need I emphasise the vocabulary difference again?) He bounds toward it, and holds onto to one end, feverishly tugging at it. What his purpose was, I am not completely sure. But his tugging went on, MUCH to my amusement. There was no way he was going to break that mess up, and get a piece of it. After watching him for a few minutes I decided to go to his aid. However, he had other thoughts and would run everytime I came closer. Finally, after several attempts I did manage to put my foot down on some part of the tree. And as he tugged another part, we split the tree. In this process, he had managed to bend one part of the branch, so that if it broke away it would be a stick. I decided to continue to help him. I held on to the bent part, while he tugs at the rest of the branch! As he does the tugging, he encircles me! He wrapped that damn tree around me! I let out an "Ouch!!", which he seemed to understand (perhaps an overlap in the two dictionaries???) and backed away. The rest of the walk progressed normally. Or well, human normally anyway.
In the wooded area of the park where I walk Raki, he obviously never stays on the trail. The trail that I do stick to! There lies a fundamental difference between man and dog. Man stays on trail, dog does not. Anyway, as Raki scampers about, he finds what I for all practical purposes would like to call a really thin tree. What it actually was, was a really long branch from a tree, the branch wasn't very thick, but long for sure. It had multiple branches branching out. So much so that it seemed like two branches were heavily entangled. And hence, for all practical purposes, a tree! Raki of course thinks it is a stick (need I emphasise the vocabulary difference again?) He bounds toward it, and holds onto to one end, feverishly tugging at it. What his purpose was, I am not completely sure. But his tugging went on, MUCH to my amusement. There was no way he was going to break that mess up, and get a piece of it. After watching him for a few minutes I decided to go to his aid. However, he had other thoughts and would run everytime I came closer. Finally, after several attempts I did manage to put my foot down on some part of the tree. And as he tugged another part, we split the tree. In this process, he had managed to bend one part of the branch, so that if it broke away it would be a stick. I decided to continue to help him. I held on to the bent part, while he tugs at the rest of the branch! As he does the tugging, he encircles me! He wrapped that damn tree around me! I let out an "Ouch!!", which he seemed to understand (perhaps an overlap in the two dictionaries???) and backed away. The rest of the walk progressed normally. Or well, human normally anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment