Saturday, February 23, 2013

AAFS in DC


I didn't take any photos, so this will have to suffice

This week was at AAFS annual meeting and it was in DC at the Marriot Wardman Park in Woodley Park. It was the perfect location! :) On Tuesday I met up with Kristina, Alex, Alice, Irene, Chelsea, Angela (who is now at GeneDX), and Rebecca Eggebeen (who is now at Cancer Research Institute). We went to dinner at Capitol City Brewing Company. It was wonderful to catch up on AFDIL gossip and with KZH :)

On Thursday, I went to the Marriot and ran into a bunch of people I know. This is the reason I love going to AAFS. So many people go to it, it's great place to reconnect. I met Los, Tim, Michelle, Carey, and Fasano as I was walking up the hill to get to the hotel. At the hotel, I ran into Susan Belote, Jenn Goss, Kapeller, Jennie O' Callaghan and Miranda. Later, I ran into Tanhee while waiting for Barry.

Barry and I caught up for about 45 minutes. It is always wonderful to see him and he is always SO WARM! After meeting Barry, I went up to KZH's room and hung out with her until Colleen and Amber were ready for dinner. 

I met up with them at the Captiol model in the lobby and met up with Christina Neal, Suni and Mike Coble at that time too. Christina Lindquist saw me and stopped to talk for a bit. 

It was excellent seeing so many people. I miss it and forensic conferences. 

Amber, Colleen and I went to dinner to Afghan Grill (they were out of lamb chops and bread, as usual! >.<), but the meal was delicious and catching up was fun! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment