Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Thip Khao

Thip Khao
Thip Khao means "rice basket". Houda and I went to Thip Khao. It is a fairly new Laotian restaurant in DC. It was nominated in the top 50 new restaurants in Bon Apetit. 

We had tried to go a couple of months okay, but they are closed on Tuesdays, so we had to make last minute plan changes. 

They start us out with 2 slices of cucumbers, beans and a delicious hot sauce, on the house. 


​We ordered the Siin Heng (Sun-Dried Beef, lemongrass, ginger, sesame) to start with. It was delicious!!! 

Siin Heng
I ordered this delicious fried rice dish with shrimp. I don't remember the name and it isn't listed on the online menu. 

Fried Rice with Shrimp
Houda got Moak with cod (Banana leaf wrapped, curry paste, dill). She didn't like it as much, but I quite liked it. She thought it lacked in flavour. 

Moak with Cod
They have a "Let's go to the Jungle" menu. I wasn't brave enough to try any of it, and surprisingly, Houda didn't try anything from there too. It will be saved for when I go with Saurabh. He is sure to want something from there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment