Friday, June 3, 2016

Monuments at Night, with Kristina

Photo Courtesy, KZH
After the NG event, we decided to walk around and look at the monuments in the night. I hadn't done it since Saurabh had done the Monuments at Night Photography class and I had tagged along. Kristina had never done it. So, with 5 glasses of wine in us, we walked around DC looking, enjoying, and photographing these beautiful structures. I have always maintained that they look best in the night. :)

We first stopped at the Washington Monument. There were a few people there, so we were able to ask someone to take a photo of us and didn't have to resort to selfies, as we usually do.
First Stop - Washington Monument - Photo Courtesy, KZH

We then saw the WWII memorial. This one is my favourites at night. The water, the fountains, the way the light hits it. Gorgeous. 



Next, we went to the MLK memorial. This one, I hadn't seen before in the night because it wasn't there when I first did monuments at night. 


MLK at Night
The view of Jefferson Memorial at night, across the Tidal Basin from MLK is striking. A jewel risen from the water. 


Jefferson, through the bars
From MLK, we walked to see the Korean Memorial. This one looks amazing at night! The soldiers sometimes look like they are alive. 

They look life-like, don't they?
Korean Memorial
We ended the night at the Lincoln Memorial before we took ubers to go back home.

Lincoln Memorial, Against a Stormy Sky
Us with Lincoln - Photo courtesy, KZH

 As cliched as it is, the shot of the Washington Monument from the Lincoln Memorial is always stunning.

Washington Monument from Lincoln Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment