![]() |
| Entrance |
Saurabh had sent me a Thrillist article on hidden DC gems a while back. I read it and was really excited about nearly everything it listed. Then, we forgot about it, except for the Chinese restaurant (which we still have not been to). I was going through emails the other day and I found the list again, and now with more free time on our hands, I was hoping we would start visiting these places.
Today, we went to the first of the thirteen places.
We parked at the Pallisades Recreation Center parking lot (5200 Sherier Place NW), and then went down what was a trolley trail to Glen Echo. This trail begins from the the parking lot. As you walk on the trail you, suddenly a glint of light catches your eye. When you turn to look for it, you will notice glass through the trees. We walked through the sloping tree trunk that had bunches of dried leaves hung on it and walked into this treasure sight.
Filled with random pieces of glasses, mirrors, pipes, bicycle parts, dried Christmas trees, keys, large wind chimes, and a host of other assorted bits and pieces.
Photos do this place no justice. It was fun to explore!
![]() |
| There are wind chimes here! & Cymbals! |
![]() |
| Hanging jewel encrusted mirrors |
![]() |
| Mini benches! |
![]() |
| I loved the hanging keys! |










No comments:
Post a Comment