Friday, October 9, 2015

Lightning!

Brewing Storm
Lightning fascinates me. I love how it looks. When there is lightning in the night and we are in bed, I will climb out of bed and go to the window to look at it. It's gorgeous! It is also extremely difficult to capture in a photo.

This evening, as I was waiting to board my flight that had already been delayed (the plane coming from Austin was a World War 2 Veteran Honors flight. All the passengers were in wheel chairs. It had taken them longer than usual to board in Austin, and took them long to deplane in DC), a storm was brewing outside. One side of the sky was black, and the other blue. It was quite the sight. 

By the time we had boarded the plane, the skies had opened up and it was pouring heavy rain. For the most part, I was busy on my phone messaging people. When I finally put my phone away and looked out of the window, I noticed such beautiful lightning. One of the first strikes I saw, was far in the distance, the clouds were a goldish-brown colour. And in the middle of that, one straight lightning strike appeared! It was just gorgeous.

I had turned my phone off. It took witnessing a few lightning strikes, to get me turn my phone on and try and capture one of them on camera. We had already taken off, and would soon before over the cloud line. 

I managed to get the last lightning strike I witnessed then on camera. I was thrilled. Finally!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment