Saturday, April 16, 2016

Patuxent Wildlife Refuge


We went with Smita, Akshu, and Anand to Patuxent Wildlife Refuge. I had seen it on the map a few times, and then when I heard the Radio Lab podcast about the whooping crane reintroduction program at Patuxent, I really wanted to go. 

However, to see the whooping cranes, we would have to come for a tour. We would return. 

But, the 5 of us and Miksha, Akshu and Anand's dog, explored the trails in Patuxent that are open to the public. It was an easy under two mile walk. We talked and ate and joked and tried to play with Miksha, who is so afraid of everyone, and had a really nice time. :)
Just as we started walking, we spotted this little-big guy
Goose Pond
Looking out at Cash Lake
Cash Lake
Cash Lake
Smita, Akshu, Miksha, & Anand
Cash Lake
Lily Pads
Miksha and Akshu playing

No comments:

Post a Comment