Sunday, June 27, 2010

Olmsted Woods and Pilgrim Path

The bridge that led us to Pilgrim Path and Olmsted Woods

Vishal came over today to watch the Argentina-Mexico (3-1) round of 16 match. After the match got over and Argentina had won, we went out for a walk. I was too full of energy to stay at home. We went to the Cathedral grounds. We took V to Bishop's garden since he had never seen it before, sat in the gazebo (for the first time) for sometime before I got antsy again and wanted to go walking. We followed a road right off the cathedral grounds and went further than we have been before. We discovered a REALLLLLY cool bridge that lead to a path we didn't know existed. It was SOOO exciting to discover and explore. Saurabh went photo-happy with his camera phone. Vishal went about turning on taps that lead to sprinkler systems. After the boys were done with their madness we explored the path through the woods more and eventually came out at the other end on 35th street near some tennis courts. There we realised that we walked on Pilgrim Path through Olmsted Woods! I canNOT wait to go back there and explore it more! :) :) :) :)

It's a really pretty and serene path through the woods. Fantastic place for casual de-stressing walking. :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the area I live in. There are SOOOOO many cool things around! :D :D :D And I am IN Washington DC, not in some random suburb! Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: