After the movie at the NG Museum, we were ravenous! We headed to Bua, where Saurabh used to go often his first year in DC. He was craving Pad Thai. I am not a HUGE fan of Pad Thai, it's nice...but nt something I would seek out.
After walking in the heat, we got to Bua, settled at our table and immediately ordered the Thai Iced Tea (for me) and the Thai Iced Coffee (for Saurabh). This was this first time both of us tried Thai Iced Coffee, and we aren't huge fans.
We started the meal with the Tom Yum Gai (Sliced chicken and mushroom in spicy lemon grass soup) and the Fried Dumplings (I don't recall all that was in it, but it had crabmeat, shrimp, chicken and some veggies). And for our entree we got the Pad Thai (Thai specialty of noodles stir-fried with shrimp, egg, bean sprout and crushed peanuts).
The soup was good, but not the best tom yum I have had. But, the dumplings and the pad thai were just FANTASTIC!!! I said in the beginning that I don't typically crave pad thai, this one, I would!
Thai Iced Coffee (black-ish) and Thai Iced Tea (orange-ish)
Tom Yum Gai
Fried Dumpling
Pad Thai - We got to it before the camera did :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment