The Beach! The Beach! The Beach! We had read and seen photos about it for a while and finally we were heading there! Yayyyyy!
The National Building Museum regularly has installations. Last year they had a huge maze that we never ended up going to. This year, for the duration of the summer (from memorial day weekend until labour day weekend) of they The Beach. The Beach installation is an indoor beach. It is all white, with white lounge chairs, white umbrellas, a concession stand and the "sea". The "sea" is a giant ball pit filled with white balls. Childhood revived!

Saurabh and I got to the Beach a little before 1PM and stayed there past 4PM. We had the best time! We spent a lot of time going under and staying there. Once you were under it was not easy coming out, it was deep and trying to get your foot on stable ground took some...a lot of effort!
We also got to jump into the balls from some platforms and that was a lotttt of fun. Families were picking their kids up and throwing them in. It looked like so much fun. At one point I heard a little boy squealing as he kept going under. His parents were a little distance away, but in the ball pit, it's far enough away. So I helped him out and his dad said, just throw him here. Haha! And I did! It was lovely! Then his sister jumped near me, so I picked her up and threw her into the ball pit near her parents! :) Such fun!
What an absolutely fun installation at the National Building Museum! I wish it wasn't only for the summer.



No comments:
Post a Comment