
I saw my first fireflies of the season today. I was just entering Chancery and I saw them in the bushes. They always make me happy.
I remember the first time I saw fireflies. It was in Khandala. I was sitting on a swing on the back verandah of a large bungalow in the evening. I was happily swinging and suddenly I noticed a momentary speck of electric blue-green outside the bungalow. At first I thought I had just imagined it. Then, upon seeing it a few times more, I realised what they were. I became very excited. Until then I had only read about them in books. The fireflies fulfilled a childish desire in me, then. Today, too, my excitement remains childlike. :)
I remember the first time I saw fireflies. It was in Khandala. I was sitting on a swing on the back verandah of a large bungalow in the evening. I was happily swinging and suddenly I noticed a momentary speck of electric blue-green outside the bungalow. At first I thought I had just imagined it. Then, upon seeing it a few times more, I realised what they were. I became very excited. Until then I had only read about them in books. The fireflies fulfilled a childish desire in me, then. Today, too, my excitement remains childlike. :)
TOTALLY TOTALLY AGREE! About the childlike excitement. I feel the EXACT same way, and had the same reaction when I first noticed them in Goa! :)
ReplyDelete