Friday, October 11, 2013

Le Chat Noir


It's been on the list for a long time. Despite the rain, we went last night to Le Chat Noir. Poor Saurabh, not having gotten a ticket for the Malala event (Man! I'm so lucky he, without a second's thought, let me go in and listen to her and said he'll go home!), went home in the rain. And then, after the event, left the dry warmth of our home to meet me to go to dinner. 

We started with the Escargots (Snails in parsley-garlic butter). Saurabh got the La Baie Crepe (Crab, Bay scallops, mussels, melted leeks, white wine, St AndrĂ© cheese shallot sauceand I got the Bijoux de boeuf sauce truffe (Grilled beef tenderloin, mushrooms, truffle sauce, & French fries). And to finish, we shared the Nutella Crepe. 

The food was good, but I don't see myself craving or rushing to go there any time soon. The beef was good, but definitely not unique. The escargots was really good, but I prefer the ones at Cafe La Ruche. And while I found the La Baie crepe a little fishy, Saurabh really enjoyed it. I did like the buckwheat crepe though. 

 Escargots

 La Baie Crepe

Bijoux de boeuf sauce truffe

Nutella Crepe

No comments:

Post a Comment