Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Escalator Woes


Why the tenleytown metro must work on all its escalators at the same time is beyond me!! There are 3 escalators one needs to take from entering the station to getting on to the platform. The first escalators on the east side of the station is currently running and are short. The next set are long and in the mornings only work to take people up. To go down you have to walk it. Which, by itself, is no issue since I run down the escalators anyway. However, when EVERYONE is made to walk down the escalators you are limited by the slowest person's speed. Which is HIGHLY aggravating when you are rushing to catch a train to make sure you get your bus later. And then, the third set of escalators, which are short, has only one that is open. The other is closed for maintenance. So, the one escalator is handling ascending and descending crowds. This slows you down even more!

All this made me miss my train this morning by a second. Resulting in a ripple effect, since the train I DID get onto ended up with mechanical difficulties right before Grosvenor (I could smell that the train was in trouble. ACK!). So the train was taken out of service, and by the time they got the train out of the station and the next one arrived and I took it, I missed my bus and got to work later than I wanted to! :(

I'm mad!! Stupidddddddddd Metro Authorities! >.<

Oh not to forget, the escalators on the west side of the station that bring you up to the street level has only one functioning escalator. So, I have to walk up that every evening since that's the side I take the bus to go home. GAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment