Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mangoes and Memories


I had a mango today, well, half a mango. This is probably the third or fourth time I have eaten a mango in the US. I don't particularly care for mangoes here...they never measure up. Today, I was in Giant grocery shopping when I had an urge to eat a mango, so I bought one. While eating it, I remembered the first time I had a mango in the US. I had gone to Aunty Chandra's and Uncle David's place for breakfast before they took me out shopping for winter clothes. I can't remember what aunty had cooked for breakfast, but I know she had cut up mangoes. I remember getting excited when I saw them (I had no clue then what a terrible let down they would be). Uncle then said that they would never measure up to the Alphanso and he can never enjoy these :)

I have had so many firsts with them in this coutry. I miss aunty! :(

1 comment:

  1. Nice entry - I like the relation. But, if you wanna get good mangoes, you need to get some in little India in Chicago!!!! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete