Friday, July 23, 2010

Ray's Hell Burger



Today Houda and I went to Ray's Hell Burger for lunch. I had read about it in the Express a couple of weeks back when they had a feature on non fastfood burger joints. Obama has been here a couple of times, once treating Russian president Dmitry Medvedev here.

It is a small restaurant and extremely crowded. They only take cash. When you enter, someone hands you a menu, you stand in line, place your order, get a number, find a table, settle down and a waiter will bring you your food. I got "make your own burger" with the Grilled (seasoned with their secret steak blend) burger, Vermont White Cheddar, lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, cognac and sherry sautéed mushrooms and roasted garlic. I got the Ray's Heck sauce as well as the Fiery Piranha sauce on the side. I really liked the Fiery Piranha sauce, which tastes a little like green chutney but with a stronger jalapeno flavour and a light cilantro flavour. I didn't care too much for the Ray's Heck sauce.

The burger was just completely delicious and possibly one of the best I have ever had. mmmmmmmmmmmm. This place lives up to the hype I heard.


The restaurant from outside

The inside. Crowded and for good reason!

The ordering window

My burger served!!!! At this point I had no idea of the deliciousness that awaited me

No comments:

Post a Comment