Saurabh took me for my Birthday dinner to the Blue Duck Tavern at the Park Hyatt. The food was mostly excellent! We started with the Oven Roasted Bone Marrow (with Bourbon Crust). This was divine!!!!! I highly highly recommend it! :D The garlic they served alongside it, though, I didn't quite enjoy. For the main course we got the Whole Roasted Fish of the Day, which was Red Snapper and the Muscovy Duck Breast,Spicy Duck Meatballs, Gumbo Jus. Most likely the best duck preparation I have ever had! For once, it wasn't made with a sweet sauce. The breast and the meat balls were perfect! We had the breast cooked medium-rare. The fish preparation definitely had potential. It was a little fishy for my liking but the flavours were good. Saurabh really enjoyed it. With the entrees we ordered a portion of their Potato Puree with Fresh Garlic. That was basically a fancy name for mashed potatoes, however we did quite enjoy it. Finally, for dessert we got the Warm Chocolate Soufflé Cake, Caramel Cream, Cocoa Nib Tuiles. This, they brought to the table, then lit it on fire and served it to us. We also got a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a candle in it for my birthday. The ice cream complimented the cake really well since the cake was rich. I thought the alcohol flavour was a little strong too, but once I got past it I really enjoyed the cake. :)
A good birthday dinner! :D :D
Hey, the food looks utterly delicious and the birthday girl even more! :D:D
ReplyDeleteLooking really beautiful Naila! Muah!