Saturday, May 28, 2016

Exploring the Woodland-Normanstone Terrace Neighbourhood

A little Aqueduct
Recently, the the media reported which house the Obamas are going to rent next year after Jan 20th. So, of course, I had to go check it out. I looked up the route to go there, and saw that one of the routes, albeit longer, was through Woodland Drive. I first heard about Woodland Drive 2 Christmases ago when St Alban's school held their Christmas House Lights tour there that year. We didn't go for it, but I saw it is a zigzag-y road on the map. I was intrigued. So, finally, today I walked down that road to get to Obamas' future residence. 

I wasn't sure what to expect, but holy-moly! What beautiful houses! And they were huge! So much space around the homes too. A beautiful walk. 


On the map I had seen this little hidden between the houses from Woodland Drive to Normandstone Lane. Even though this made the route a little longer, of course I had to take it :)
The little hidden path begins here 
First, you walk down these stairs
The stairs lead to this little path that takes you to Normandstone Lane
Walking along, I heard water! And of course, there was this! 

And this...

And this...

What a beautiful neighbourhood nestled in DC's North West quadrant! 

On my way back from the the Ob-ode, I came through this neighbourhood again, but walked different streets. 

The beauty is truly unending here. Look at this footpath! 

And you pass the Woodland-Normanstone Terrace Park.

And, finally, look at this house! Rock Creek runs through its backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment