Tuesday, September 14, 2010

DC Shorts Film Festival (Seventh Annual)


Vishal and I went for the DC Shorts Film Festival this evening. We watched the following movies:
  1. Banana Bread (Barton Landsman, Director)
    Matt's Jewish mother actually has something to worry about.
    I really enjoyed this movie. Probably my favourite of the lot.

  2. El Cortejo (Marina Sereseky, Director)
    Can a grave digger and a widow find common ground?
    This movie was quite nice

  3. Gayby (Jonathan Lisecki, Director)
    Jenn, a permanently single woman, persuades her gay best friend to make a baby - the old fashioned way.
    The movie was nice, except when it ended :-/ I did learn a new word though thanks to this movie - Gayby.

  4. Just About Famous (Matt Mamula and Jason Kovacsev, Directors)
    Delve into the minds and hearts of the people who make a living impersonating celebrities.
    This was fun and it had a Dr Phil impersonator ;).

  5. Quartering Act (Stephen Theodore Bell, Director)
    When German soldiers invade the home of a French woman, she comes face-to-face with her own demons.
    The movie was interesting while it was going on...but I don't think I totally got it.

  6. Hipster Job (Thomas de Napoli and Jack Tomas, Directors)
    Hipsters, finger mustaches, and the wrath of God.
    This movie was fun!

  7. Somewhere Never Traveled (Ben Garchar, Director)
    Two lovers question the fluidity of relationships between cinema and reality.
    I didn't quite get the point of this movie till I read the description of it after. I think they should have done a better job of expressing it.

  8. Prayers For Peace (Dustin Grella, Director)
    An artist confronts the memory of his younger brother being killing in the current conflict in Iraq.
    The movie was nice.

  9. Shovel Ready (Austin Bragg, Director)
    Strange things happen when you bury a body in the woods.
    This was a good movie!!! :)

  10. Sunday Punch (Dennis Hauck, Director)
    A beautiful boxing ring girl fights to take control of her life.
    The movie was nice. I think it was trying to be a lot more than it ended up being.

No comments:

Post a Comment