Nishit was in town this weekend with his wife and another friend of his from Muscat. I met them and Shalini (with whom they were staying) at the National Air and Space Museum. We hung out there for a while and then went to Dupont Circle. After getting coffee at Starbucks we sat on the grass in the circle talking. It was really fun and relaxed :). It was different hanging out with Nishit because he and I were in the same class from the 1st to the 5th standard and I am not in touch with any one from that period of school life. So, it was really nice to actually talk to someone who remembers people and events from that time. Usually, I just narrate memories from that time to people. It was also fun to be reminded of things I had completely forgotten. He reminded me what poem we recited in the 4th standard when we won the first prize for elocution. It was 'The Enchanted Shirt' by John Hay. It was great to see Shalini after so long too. We have been planning to meet so many times and it just never worked out.
After, we went to CVS as Olia and Suraj wanted to pick up DC souvenirs. Then we walked to Nooshi for dinner. Nishit, Olia and I shared the salmon and scallion sushi roll. I didn't care for that too much. It was nice, but nothing great. For my entree, I ordered the Curry Laksa (Egg noodles, vermicelli, shrimp, fried tofu and coconut milk, spicy, creamy, rich and aromatic). The portion was HUGEEEE, as is evident in the photo. It was good, but I brought more than half back home with me.
It was a fun evening! :)
After, we went to CVS as Olia and Suraj wanted to pick up DC souvenirs. Then we walked to Nooshi for dinner. Nishit, Olia and I shared the salmon and scallion sushi roll. I didn't care for that too much. It was nice, but nothing great. For my entree, I ordered the Curry Laksa (Egg noodles, vermicelli, shrimp, fried tofu and coconut milk, spicy, creamy, rich and aromatic). The portion was HUGEEEE, as is evident in the photo. It was good, but I brought more than half back home with me.
It was a fun evening! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment