Vishal and I went for dinner to Ella's before going for the DC Shorts Film Festival. The restaurant had come up as a joke before...that it belonged to Saurabh's boss (whose name is Ella :) . The restaurant serves wood fired pizza. Someone had commented on yelp that it's a good place for a cheapish, quick eat near metro center. It really was quite quick for a pizza place. I think the pizzas were served to us about 10 minutes after we ordered them!
We shared the Wild mushroom (with spinach, tomato sauce and mild goat cheese - we replaced the tomato sauce with the roasted garlic puree) and the Di mare (shrimp, pesto, roasted peppers, and pinenuts) pizzas. I expected to like the wild mushroom pizza more, as did Vishal. However, the Di mare was definitely the more delicious one of the two. I typically don't care too muc hfor shrimp on pizza, but they did an excellent job here. I think I would want to go back and have some more of the Di mare. Yummmm!
That does look like really good pizza. Count me in for next time :-)
ReplyDelete